Arthritis New Zealand aims to improve the life of every person affected by arthritis. We are a national charity that provides information, advice and support to people diagnosed with any of the more than 140 forms of arthritis. Arthritis affects more than 647,000 New Zealanders and is a leading cause of disability. There are more than 140 forms of arthritis and there is no cure, but the condition can usually be managed effectively. Most people with arthritis continue to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
We also advocate for people with arthritis by funding research, contributing to health policy, and collaborating with healthcare professionals.
Support services include:
- A national toll free number for information and advice 0800 663 463
- Facebook Q & A sessions every Monday 7pm to 9pm
- Online and other support groups
- Support for Newly Diagnosed – a chance to talk with someone who has the same condition
- Information about all forms of arthritis, treatments, pain management, employment issues and access to other support services.