Disability Information and Equipment Centre
Who are we?
Well-Able Information and Equipment Services - is a Charitable Trust. We provide accurate and up-to-date information on disabilities and the disability support services available in the Greater
Well-Able also stocks a wide range of products, equipment and aids for daily living, available for purchase or hire. Come in and try our equipment with no obligation to buy. We are happy to offer advice - the most important thing is that you get the right product to meet your needs. We also have a mobile service that services the Greater Wellington area if you cannot get into our Kapiti Centre.
Our product range includes:
- Mobility - wheelchairs, strollers, walking frames, walking sticks and crutches
- Aids to assist with daily living - kitchen utensils, personal care products
- Incontinence products - pads, pull-ups, bed sheets and chair cushions
- Bed raisers, mattress protectors
- Bathroom and Toilet – over toilet seat raisers, commodes, shower stools
- Clothing - Lothlorian possum and merino knitwear
Contact us for…..
- Specialized knowledge about services including information on building access, education, employment, funding and finances
- Becoming a member of the Total Mobility Scheme - We are agents for this scheme
- Hiring and trialling equipment – shower stools, toilet seat raisers, walkers, wheelchairs, crutches and much more
- Sourcing and purchasing equipment – hand rails, jar openers, scooters, walking canes, walkers, wheelchairs etc.
- Travel, transport and recreation information
- Community contacts, information about disability networking meetings, presentations to groups about the service
Who uses our services?
Well-Able Information and Equipment Services is affiliated with the New Zealand Federation of Disability Information Centres.