Disability Information and Equipment Centre
Who are we?
The Disability Information & Equipment Centre - is a charitable trust providing accurate and up-to-date information on disabilities and the disability support services available in the Greater
We sell, hire and loan-on-trial a wide range of equipment and daily living aids. We are located on the Kāpiti Coast next to the Kāpiti Community Te Newhanga Centre, in Ngahina Street, Paraparaumu.
So what is a disability?
A disability is an impairment which reduces one’s capacity to participate fully in any aspect of life and society.
Our aim is to help provide: “Choice and quality of life for people with disabilities”
Contact us for…..
- Specialized knowledge about services including information on building access, education, employment, funding and finances
- Joining or making a referral to the Total Mobility Scheme - We are agents for this scheme
- Hiring and trialling equipment – shower stools, toilet seat raisers, walkers, wheelchairs, crutches and much more
- Sourcing and purchasing equipment – hand rails, jar openers, scooters, walking canes, walkers, wheelchairs etc.
- Travel, transport and recreation information
- Community contacts, information about disability networking meetings, presentations to groups about the service
- Access to a comprehensive Disability Support Service Directory
Who uses our services?
The Disability Information Service and Centres are governed by a charitable trust and are affiliated with the New Zealand Federation of Disability Information Centres.